What's going on this spring?

Writing

I decided to work on a short story for this round of Camp NaNoWriMo, though I already know it's going to be hard to finish. This time of year, I've always got a ton of work to do, especially at the beginning of April. We'll see what I can manage to get done.

My story is about a woman who makes a big decision when she is young, without really realizing how important it is until much later. I'm trying to explore our need to give and receive advice, and why we are willing to believe certain things or people.

What do you think about advice? Leave a comment and tell me about it.

EXPO 2015

The World's Fair will be opening on May 1st in Milan and everything is really crazy. Some of the construction work isn't finished yet, and there have been the usual accusations of politicians spending all the money before things were actually paid for. In fact, last year I saw advertisements for volunteers to work the stands! It seems that there is no money to pay people to work, but I really don't know. You can't believe half of what you read in the newspapers.

There are so many things going on that I'm having trouble deciding what to do at EXPO 2015. The theme "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life" is kind of a catch-all for environmental and health issues.

I love food. Maybe I'll just concentrate on eating....

Art


I will definitely be going to the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition at Palazzo Reale. It is going to feature the biggest collection ever put together of Leonardo's artwork and writings.

Leonardo left many pieces of his artwork in Milan, such as the "Sala delle Assi", which is room in the castle with the ceiling and walls painted to look like a forest. It's really impressive.

This fresco pictured above, the Last Supper, is probably his best known work worldwide. It is absolutely marvelous. It's located right here in downtown Milan at the church Santa Maria delle Grazie, and I've seen it several times.

It's right in season too, isn't it. Happy Easter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and Visit Marsha's English Classroom on YouTube

Remembering Anna

Summer Reading List - Homework